Home Page

Who's who at Ashfield

2001 Squads

Latest News


Fixtures and results

Player Profiles

Ashfield History

Wally and Top Scorers

2001 Club Sponsor

Favorite Links




Todays game started with a new forward partnership of Brendan Knox and James Morris.
The suns side looked to be a bigger and older side but after only 3 minutes Alex Crookes played a ball to the feet of Brendan who flicked it on first time to James who coolly slipped it past the keeper.
The ever reliable utility player Wayne Culverwell was filling in at the back for the suspended Edin Mehic along side Carmelo Gelovese and Nermin Sindic.
Midway into the first half the Ashfield midfield again played the ball into the sharp Brendan who again laid of a pin point pass for James to get his second.
Ashfield were now well on top with the Suns content on playing long balls into the Ashfield defence that were easily moped up.
Just before half time Brendan again supplied the pass for James to get his hatrick before half time.
Half time 3-0
In the second half Ashfield still played the attacking football that resulted in Kosta Kalantzis beating three suns players on a run and finishing with a goal.
Defender Nermin then got Ashfields fifth when he intercepted the ball in defence and ran it into the suns half and playing a one-two with James and resulting in a good goal to Nermin.
This was a game dominated by the Ashfield 18s.
Fulltime 5-0


The first half was very even with most of the play in the middle of the park.
The Suns got the first goal of the match 15 minutes into the game.
At the 27th minute mark matt Pochroj was dragged down in the penalty area by the keeper resulting in a penalty and the keeper being sent off Damien Krebs converted the penalty
Half time 1-1
In the second half the suns began the tire with sum of its players already playing full games in the 18s.
Matt Pochroj probing runs caused problems for the suns defence and soon made it two to Ashfield.
Craig Culverwell got his second goal in two weeks when after a good pass to his feet he controlled the ball and slammed it past the keeper just before the final whistle Matt Pochroj completed his hatrick to bring the score to 5-1.
Just before the final whistle Suns got a second.
Full time 5-2

1st team

This was an important game for Ashfield needing all 3 points to consolidate its place in the top four.
10 minutes into the game Karl Atley showed his worth now playing as a striker when a ball was played to him just inside the penalty area he flicked it up for himself and volleyed it past the keeper.
Ashfield had the better of the play in the first half but could not get a second goal.
The second half started very badly for the suns when one of its players received a second yellow and was ejected from the game.
Ashfield looked to get on top but as happens many times the side that looses a player often plays better.
Ashfield got the equalizer when ashfields Shane Fuhr put the ball past his own keeper for an own goal.
Both sides had chances to get the winner but with only minutes remaining the Suns managed to get the ball into the back of Phil Jacksons goal.
Full time 2-1 to Suns.
Ashfield have the bye next week so we all hope the team can regroup and win its last two games of the season

Best for Ashfield
18s Brendan knox, James Morris and Wayne Culverwell
21s Matt Pochroj, Gyula Konscek and Oliver Cook
1st Steve Goff, Phil Jackson and Shane Fuhr



u/18S lost 4-1 scorer James Morris

u/21s won 6-2 scorers Colin McKeon 2 Oliver Cook,
Craig Culverwell,Gyula Konscek and Damien Krebs all 1

First Team won 2-0 scorers Karl Atley and Shane Fuhr both

Both u/18s players Alex Crookes and Carmelo Gelovese
have both been selected in the u/15s state side on tour to Sydney congratulations to both of them.




Todays game against top of the table Kingsway was the game of the round.
In the last game between the two sides Kingsway ended up the winners 3-1.
Ashfield today put out its strongest line up for the season and hope was high for a good result.
The game was only minutes old when Kingsways Brett Mollison received a pass from Peter Norsweski outside the Ashfield box, Ashfield keeper Alex Kois came forward moving to his left and slipped to the floor quick thinking by Mollison enabled him to get a shot in that found its target 1-0.
Ashfield hit back strongly playing much the better football, with the build up from the back into the midfield and into attack.
Fullbacks Nermin Srndic and Carmelo Gelovese held the Kingsway forwards well with Edin Mehic sweeping and in total control.
The midfield was anchored by Alex Crookes with Wayne Culverwell and Kosta Kalantzis up front.
Nermin went on a run from defence crossed the ball into the 6 yard box and a 50-50 between the Kingsway keeper and Kosta resulted in a well-taken goal by Kosta.
Ashfield continued to push for a second until the half time whistle went.
Half time 1-1
Just prior to the half time whistle going Kosta was substituted due to injury.
Substitute James Green went to the right midfield position and Brendan Knox moved into the forward line with Wayne.
Kyle Greenaway playing on the left side of midfield was having a good game and on many occasions giving good service to his forwards.
Like the first goal Nermin came running with the ball out of defence a 1-2 with James and a deep cross to the back post found Brendan jumping like a fresh water salmon to head home Ashfield second and winning goal.
Ashfield continued to play quality football that all the players are capable of and this was there best result for the season so far.
Full time 2-1.
If Ashfield can continue to play this entertaining brand of football they will be a big chance in the top four.


The 21s today wanted to continue the form they have shown in the last few weeks but todays performance was by far the worst they have played this season.
Kingsways 21s started much like there 18s and scored in the first minute of the game.
Kingsway looked to be the better side and soon made it two.
Ashfield tried to get back into the game and from a corner defender Damien Krebs scored with his head.
Kingsway scored another 2 goals in the half.
Half time 4-1
The Ashfield side looked very dejected and came out in the second half hoping to make more of a game of it but today was not to be.
Two further goals in the second half resulted in the full time score of 6-1
Full time 6-1
Todays game was not a true reflection of the ability of the side and next week they will make immense against Bayswater.

1st team

Kingsway came into todays game with the re-signing of two ex Kingsway players.
Both were signed from ECU Jamie Trandos and Stuart Montgomery.
Ashfield started strongly and after only one and a half minutes Steve Goff got the ball in the six yard box and slammed the ball past Kingsways Sam Scutti.
Kingsway went straight into attack and a cross from the left found new signing Jamie Trandos head to steer it past Phil Jackson.
Ashfield went straight back into attach only for Sam to deny Ashfield a second.
Ashfield again attacked down the left side and Steve Gillibrand hooked the ball in and Steve Goff got his second with a header.
This was turning out to be a very entertaining game and well worth the entrance fee.
Half time 2-1
Kingsway came out looking for the equalizer and it soon came.
Stuart Montgomery got on to the end of a bouncing ball and managed to chip the advancing Jackson 2-2.
Kingsway continued to look the better side in this period of the game and soon found them selves 3-2 up when after beating two players Montgomery drove the ball from 25 yards to the left hand corner of the Ashfield goal.
This kick started Ashfield back into action and Nathan Salisbury slammed in a perfect header that Scutti some how managed to knock over the bar.
Ashfield soon got its third goal and it came from ashfields star performer for the day Steve Goff when he was presented with an easy tap in on the line for his third goal of the day.
Kingsway began to look nervous with Ashfield pushing strongly with every attack to get the winner but it never came.
This resulted in a 3-3 draw, which in reflection was a good result for both teams.
Full time 3-3

Best for Ashfield
18s Edin Mehic, Nermin Srndic, Alex Crookes and Carmelo Gelovese
1st team Steve Goff, Brad Pochroj and Gary Spinks




With five regular team members missing today looked like being a hard game.
New players were drafted in being 15 year olds Alex Koios and Carmelo Gelovese and 14-year-old Tom Barrington.
The Ashfield boys looked fresh at the start of the game and soon showed it would take a good side to beat them today.
Cameron Ford and Brendan Knox started up front with Ceasar Lebib, Wayne Culverwell and Tom Barrington in midfield.
With 20 minutes gone Wayne and Cameron swapped positions but soon produced the goal of the day.
Good passing between Brendan and Wayne and a one-two between James Charles and Wayne resulted in Wayne getting the ball to the by-line and seeing Brendan move to the front post and a pin point cross created a diving header to Brendan.
The half ended with Ashfield looking the best side by far.
Half time 1-0
The first 10 minutes of the second half belonged to Stirling but Ashfield soon got back on top when from a throw in Wayne cleverly beat his marker and switched the play to the right side where Brendan flicked the ball on to Ceasar to half volley to the back of the net.
Ashfield now looked to be coasting but a mistake at the back gave Stirling a goal.
Ashfield were mow looking to consolidate with a third goal when Edin Mehic went on a run from defence and gave Wayne a nice through ball to go one on one with the keeper and push it past the right side of the keeper.
Just before the final whistle Ashfield conceded a free kick that Stirling converted
Full time 3-2


Like the 18s the 21s had many changes to its side with some of the 18s playing 2 games.
Special mention must go to Edin and Cameron.
What was a very even game first goal was always going to come from a mistake or a piece of brilliance that would win the game.
Stirling scored just before half time to put a halt to some enterprising Ashfield play
Half time 1-0.
Ashfield tried all second half to get a goal back but it never came and midway through the half Ashfield goalkeeper Matt Cecins make a mistake that cost a goal.
This was not matts day having slept in and had a near miss on his way to the game.
Full time 2-0

1st team]

This top of the table clash between a near full strength Loins side and Ashfield with 5 regulars missing.
Gene Wyllie, Karl Atley and Nathan Salisbury all serving 1 game suspensions and Gareth Gorman injured and Andy Taylor with work commitments.
Regular members of the 21s team came in to replace the above mentioned.
Brad Pochroj, Iavor Georgeff, Gyula Konscek, Oliver Cook and Colin Mckeon came into the side.
The first 45 minutes both sides tried to get the upper hand and the keepers did not have much to do.
Half time 0-0
Within 10 minutes of the re-start Ashfield found them selves 2 goals down the second looked like keeper Phil Jackson had it covered but some how after a deflection it hit the inside of the post and went in.
Ashfield never looked like getting back into the game so coach Tom Kilkelly shuffled his squad around with substitutions but it was not to be Ashfields day.
Full time 2-0

Best for Ashfield
18s Tom Barrington, Wayne Culverwell and Carmelo Gelovese
21s Brett Colombera and Cameron Ford
1st team Steve Goff and DJ Mayers




The last time these 2 teams met the result was at 2-1 win to Dianella and the boys this week had worked hard on the training pitch to reverse is this time.
Kosta Kalantzis received the ball in the box after 15 minutes cleverly beat 2 players and scored what was to be Ashfield first for the day the boys went into half time looking by far the better team and
1-0 up
Half time
In the second half good combination football was played by all and 2 more goals were scored both by midfielder Alex Crookes.
The first was laid on by a cleaver chip over the defence by Wayne Culverwell for Alex to coolly beet the keeper.
The second goal came from good work by Adam Dennis and James Charles resulting in Alex to get the ball on his trusty right foot and score from 18 yards.
With Ashfield leading by 3 goals coach Mark Culverwell was able to give his substitutes a longer run in the game.
Dianella got a late goal but this did not spoil what was a good team performance today.
Fulltime 3-1


Colin Mckeon continued on where he left of last week and scored a hat trick in todays game, Gyula Konscek also got one.
Oliver Cook after hitting the underside of the bar scored his first for the season when following up from a save after the keeper had parried the ball from a Craig Culverwell shot.
Alex Crook who came on the field as a substitute on the second half scored what maybe the goal of the season from 20 yards what was to be his third of the day having scored 2 in the 18s,
The 21s today should have scored at least 10 like they did last time they played Dianella but the result today was a 6-1 win
Full time 6-1

1st team

Well what a game we had today.
3 penalties, 2 sent of and that was only the first 60 minutes of the game.
This was always going to be a very competitive game with Dianella parading 2 new players in form of glory boys Scott Halpin and Peter Vukmirovic.

After 30 minutes in what looked like 3 players bumping into each other lines man signaled the referee that Gene Wyllie had punched one of the Dianella players this resulted in Gene being sent of.
Many people in the stands said that Gene did not commit this foul just before half time Dianella got a second penalty but missed.
Half time 1-0
The 10-man Ashfield side came out after half time looking to get the equalizer but fate was not to be when Nathan Salisbury was given a second yellow card and left the field for a late tackle.
The game was not a dirty game but hotly contested by both teams.
Ashfield looked to score on many occasions even when down to nine men.
Against the run of play Dianella were awarded a third penalty when Ashfield keeper Phil Jackson pulled down a Dianella player, the result this time was a goal.
With 10 minutes to go and Ashfield looking the stronger finishing side attacking midfielder Steve Goff got his head to the ball to make it 2-1.
This was the end result on the day when just turned 16 year old Wayne Culverwell was included on the bench for his first time, but this was not the day for him to make his debut.
Full time 2-1

Best for Ashfield
18s Nermin srndic, Cameron ford and Alex Crook
21s Colin Mckeon, Oliver Cook and Craig Culverwell
1st team , Shane Fuhr, Steve Goff and Phil Jackson




Todays 18s game was played in the worst possible conditions wind and rain swept over the pitch from start to finish.
Ashfield had there best start to the season when after only 2 minutes they took the lead, good work from the Ashfield midfield resulted in the ball being played into the Balcatta goal area for Brendan knox to drill the ball past the keeper.
15 minutes into the game Balcatta received a free kick that resulted in a goal.
Only minutes before the half time whistle Ashfields Canadian midfielder Chris Dupont scored his first for the season.
Half time 2-1
Many times this season the 18s have played excellent football but the second this week turned out to be its worst performance.
The weather got worse as the game continued and Ashfields looked second rate.
Balcatta scored three further goals in the second half and the end result was 5-2 win to Balcatta.


21s played today like they did in the early stages of the season when they won 5-3.
It was a seesaw game with the lead changing many times during the game.
Colin Mckeon was moved from him normal marking role at the back into the strikers position, this resulted in 2 goals to Colin.
Gyula Konscek also got 2 goals playing from midfield and Sam Danesh got the fifth.
This was a good performance from the 21s today putting them back in the top 4.

1st team

Many times this season Ashfield have scored goals in the first 5 minutes of their games, but today the tables were turned and Balcatta scored after only 1 minute of the game.
This was a much-changed Balcatta side that Ashfield played very different from the team they played of day one of the season.
With four or five new players and a new coach much of the play in the first half was a battle between the midfield, chances were few and far between for ether side.
Ashfield went into half time one goal down.
Ashfield came out in the second half looking to score the equalizing goal but after 70% of the play and creating many chances the Balcatta keeper and the wood work kept the lead with Balcatta Gareth Gorman and Steve Gillibrand were substituted with the Pochroj brothers coming into the game.
Still the goal did not come but like in the first half when Balcatta scored in the first minute Ashfield got the equalizer when DJ Mayers dived to the ball to soccer at the back post.
Full time score 1-1

Best for Ashfield
18s Davood Khateri, Chris Dupont and Nermin srndic
21s Colin Mckeon, Gyula Konscek and Sam Danesh
1st team Nathan Salisbury, Shane Fuhr and Gene Wyllie




The last two games the 18s have been on the receiving end of early goals and today the boys worked on this not happening, but after 15 minuets from a corner Wanneroo got the goal Ashfield did not want to concede.
Ashfield continued to play the ball around and Wanneroo continued to miss out its midfield by kicking long out off defence.
Half Time 1-0
With only 5 minuets of the second half gone Wanneroo scored a second against the run of play. As in the last two weeks Ashfield battled hard to get back into the game when after some good passing in midfield Brendan Knox floated in a cross for Sam Danesh to head past the keeper.
With Ashfield looking the better side it was only a matter of time for them to get a second goal. From a free kick taken by Edin Mrhic, Alex Crooks got his head to the ball to make it 2-2.
Full Time 2-2


The team that Ashfield put out today looked to be the strongest it had been all season, but with many players below there normal standard and with two players leaving the field before half time the team never really got going.
Club coach Tom Kilkelly again playing in a sweeping role looked to be well organized but from a corner keep Matt Cecins collided with one of his defenders and the ball crossed the line.
The sides went in at half time with Wanneroo leading 1-0.
In the second half Ashfield looked sharper but could not get the breaks they worked hard for.
DJ Mayers moved into the forward line and 15-year-old Wayne Culverwell replaced Alen Havic to play on the right side of midfield.
Tom Kilkelly was getting frustrated with his team and some strange refereeing decisions received a yellow card.
The game finished with Wanneroo getting a second late in the game.
Full time 2-0

1st team

Ashfield were hoping to get back on the winning track against Wanneroo today with first team regular Gene Wyllie replacing the suspended Nathan Salisbury.
Ashfield were still looking to get back to full strength, with captain Steve Gillibrand and DJ Mayers having games in the under 21s after injury also on the bench under 18s striker Sam Danesh.
Ashfield started strongly attacking down the left but Wanneroo pushed the ball back into the midfield only for Ashfield to only win the ball back, which resulted in a throw in to Ashfield.
Shane Fuhr throw the ball long to Andy Taylor who backed towards his defender shielding the ball and turning hitting a unstoppable shot into the top corner of the goal 1-0.
Ashfield had the majority of the possession for the half and went in 1-0 up.
Half time 1-0.
The second half was much the same as the first with few chances falling to either side.
DJ Mayers and Steve Gillibrand replaced Gary Spinks and Shane Fuhr in the lat 10 minutes but this did not change the overall result that was a win to Ashfield and three points.

Full time 1-0

Best for Ashfield
18s Nermin Sindic and Kyle Greenaway
21s Colin Mckeon, Tom Kilkelly and DJ Mayers
1st team Andy Taylor, Steve Goff and Phil Jackson




4-3 scorers Sam Danesh, Brendan Knox and Wayne Culverwell


2-0 loss

1st team

2-0 loss




The 18s could not have got to a worse start today when Stirling had 3 shots at goal in the first 15 minutes and scored 3 goals.
With three regular players missing due to playing in the 21s the hard work done by the team in training over the last 2 weeks were to no avail.
Ashfield got back into the game with a goal from Sam Danesh just before half time.
Half time 3-1.
Ashfield came out in the second half winning possession all over the field only for Stirling to win a free kick at the edge of the 18-yard box that resulted in a goal 4-1.
Ashfield continued to push forward and soon got its second when Kosta Kalantzis crossed the ball to Sam volley for his second 4-2.
Hard working midfielder Wayne Culverwell was moved into a striking role that played dividends immediately when he received a ball from Brendan Knox to take it past two players and beat the keeper with his left foot 4-3.
Ashfield worked hard for the equalizer but time beat them.
Full time 4-3.
In conclusion Stirling only had five shots for the day and to end up winning 4-3.


This game transpired into a very uneventful game, with the severely weakened side playing well with no luck.
10 minutes before the final whistle Stirling scored what was to be the only goal of the day.
The one highlight of the game was the return of one of WA former star players putting on his boots to help out with the injury crisis.
Coach Tom Kilkelly showed he had not lost any of his skills only some of his paces.
This was a game like in the 18s that Ashfield deserved to win
Full time 1-0.

1st team

Stirling suns were one of the sides that prior to the season start looked to be one of three possible winners of the title.
Stirling pushed the under strength Ashfield for most of the game with the only goal for Ashfield coming in the 70th minute when second half substitute Colin Mckeon crossed from the right side of the 18 yard box to stand in striker Alen Havic to cleverly turn his defender and hammer the ball past the out stretched hand of the keeper.
The luck that had deserted the 18s and 21s today popped its head up for the first team when in the first half Stirlings Sven Hein missed what was an open goal.
Stirling lost hard working Robert Markovski with a second yellow card in the closing stages of the game.
The Ashfield squad again showed its depth playing well and all looking forward to next weekends bye.
Full time 1-0.

Best for Ashfield
18s Ian Cameron, Wayne Culverwell and Kosta Kalantzis
21s Colin Mckeon, Oliver Cook and Tom Kilkelly
1st team Steve Goff, Andy Taylor and Karl Atley





Another bright hot day welcomed the players of Bayswater to Ashfield.
The first 15 minutes would be important for the Ashfield because in the last two games we have been very slow to start.
Today they came out full of run and skill to start the game in a 3-5-2 formation only to change to a 4-4-2 to cover the undefeated Bayswater side.
On the amount of chances Ashfield would have won an entertaining first half.
Ashfield came out in the second half looking to win the game, and after 4 minutes Sam Danesh received the ball his first effort was saved by the keeper, only for the rebound to come back to Sam who knocked it into the net 1-0.
Ashfield where now looking to get on the score board again and good passing from defence and midfield created a scoring chance for Ceasar Lebib who made the score 2-0.
Ashfield pushed hard for the remainder of the game but the Bayswater defence held up well.
Full time 2-0
This would have to be the best team effort for the season.


Ashfield 21s where looking to keep their undefeated record going but a weakened side due to first team injuries resulted in a 3-2 lose.
The game started badly with Bayswater scoring after only 2 minutes of the game gone. Then after 22 minutes and against the run of play Bayswater got a second 2-0.
Ashfield worked hard to get back into the game and Craig Culverwell came close to score with a shot and a header.
It was looking like Ashfield would be going to the break 2-0 down when Joe Polat capitalized on a defensive mistake to get one back
Half time 2-1.
Ashfield had 90% of the play in the second half, and Alen Havic got the second when he took the ball to the right of the defence and beat the keeper at the near post.2-2
Ashfield now looked to have the game won but failed to score, then with 2 minutes remaining of the game Bayswater got the winner.
Full time 2-3
First lose for the season to the injury-weakened side.

1st team

This was always going to be a hard game for both teams with it being a local derby.
Ashfield started like they have many times this season scoring an early goal after only 3 minutes.
Ashfield were awarded a free kick, which they took quickly and the ball was played into Andy Taylor in the box for him to finish 1-0.
With four first team regulars out with injury Ashfield showed its strength of squad only to loose another player after only 20 minutes.
Brett Colombera was carried of on a stretcher with a knee injury.
Lee McEvoy replaced Brett in midfield and this did not affect the well-drilled team.
Only 2 minutes Matt Pochroj crossed the ball from the right side to Shane Fuhr on the back post for him to cleverly pass to the unmarked Andy Taylor who coolly put it past the keeper 2-0.
Bayswater began to get back into the game with the rest of the half being very even.
Half time 2-0
The second half started much the same as the first finished with both midfields trying to get on top of each other.
Ashfields mounting injury increased when Shane Fuhr had to be replaced by Alen Havic with a hamstring injury then only minutes later substitute Lee McEvoy had be replaced with Brad Pochroj for a foot injury.
What had been a even tempered game soon changed after a harmless looking challenge between Gene Wyllie and Bayswaters Dario Dicesare resulted in Gene falling to the floor with Dario on top. This resulted in both players being shown the red card.
Five minutes from the game a second Bayswater player was sent of for a second yellow card.
Fulltime 2-0
This was a good result for the injury weakened Ashfield side.

Best for Ashfield
18s Ian Cameron, Alex Crookes, Sam Danesh and Wayne Culverwell
21s Brad Pochroj, Damien Krebs and Craig Culverwell
1st team Gene Wyllie, Steve Goff and Andy Taylor




Today the 18s team looked shell shocked for the first 15 minuets of the game, after only 1 minuet the ball was played into the Ashfield goal area, the defence looked to have it covered only for it to bounce poorly and Kingsway nipped in to go 1 up.
It must be said that the playing surface was well bellow that expected for this league.
For the rest of the half Ashfield found it hard to string two passes together and after 18 minutes Kingsway won the ball in the middle of the park and Brett Mollison beat two Ashfield players to hit it past the Ashfield keeper.
In the 37 minute Ashfield had there first chance to score and Ceasar Lebib finished well.
Half time 2-1
Ashfield came out with more desire after the break and the midfield started to get the better of Kingsway.
In the last 10 minutes Ashfield should have got the equalizer on two occasions but good goal keeping kept the goals out.
Disappointedly for Ashfield, Kingsway got a third goal just before the final whistle.
This was a good fight back by the boys but they must learn to play for a full game.


Two very even sides played some good attacking football, with both defenses not giving much away.
It took a big deflection from the pitch for Kingsway to take the lead at the 17 minute mark when Kingsways Peter Noiszeskias shot from out side the box deflected up to hit the inside of the cross bar.
Half time 1-0
Ashfield came out in the second half wanting to keep their 100% record and after 65 minutes Ashfields top scorer Alen Havic converted some good midfield play into a goal.1-1
It was all Ashfield now and some good work down the right resulted in a ball to Lee McEvoy for him to dribble past two defenders, to put the ball past the keeper with his right boot.
Full time 2-1
This is the forth win on the trot scoring 25 and conceding only 2.

1st team

Ashfield were looking to consolidate its top place in the league with a win over Kingsway, and it only took Steve Gillibrand 3 minutes to split the defence and drill the ball past the keeper.
Only 8 minuets later Shane Fuhr crossed the ball to Matt pochroj whos header hit the bar for Kingsway to clear as far as Steve Goff to smash it to the back of the net.
Ashfield now had control of the game, and the referee have to talk to some player when at times the game got a bit hot under the collar.
Ashfield looked to have gone 3 up when Nathan Salisbury put it in the net at the post only for the referee to give Kingsway a free kick.
Nathan was hurt when he fell on the post dislocating his shoulder.
He returned to the game for only 5 minutes only for it to go out again, Iavor Georgeff replaced him in the side.
After 22 minutes a mix-up in the Ashfield defence resulted in a goal to Kevin Morris.
Ashfield then lost its hard working captain to an ankle injury to be replaced by Brad Pochroj.
The two changes did not unsettle the team and after 44 minuets Shane got number 3 when he put the ball between the keeper and the post.
Half time 3-1
The second half was very even with both defenses on top of the forwards.
Matt Pochroj got the ball on a fast break only for Kingsway keeper Sam Scutti to connect with matt leg and this resulted in a red card to the Kingsway keeper.
Full time 3-1
This was another good performance by this top of the table side.

Best for Ashfield
18s Eden Mehic, Ian Cameron, and Cameron Ford
21s Alen Havic, Brad Pochroj and Mark Neale
1st team Gene Wyllie, Steve Goff and Phil Jackson




This game could well be the turning point for the Ashfield youngsters season, after dominating the last two game and not winning the 18s on Saturday
played very poorly,
but the end result of this game ended in a win.
Brendan Knox scored after 15 minutes after some good play down the left the ball was crossed and Brendan hit a half volley at the far post for a goal 1-0.
The rest of the half was pretty even half time score 1-0.
After half time the team got into top gear started creating chances but like the last two weeks let the opposition get a goal back after 55 minutes.
Ashfield now pushed strongly and Ceasar Lebib got his head to a cross that made it 2-1 Ashfield were now well on top of the game and Sam Danesh got the sealer after 77 minutes 3-1.
This was not a good team display but the players showed when they are below par they still have the desire to win.


After two big wins in the last two weeks Ashfield were again hoping for a good display, but this lions side were a harder nut to crack then their previous opposition.
It was not until the 38th minute when Ashfield got on the board Alen Havic hit a net bursting shot that gave the goal keeper no chance 1-0.
The rest of the play in the first half was very even with no additions to the score.
The second half started very similar but Ashfield were beginning to look the better side.
After 63 minutes Ashfield midfielder Brett Colombera Got around the back of the lions defence to score 2-0.
Ashfield were now looking better all the time and trying to score at every opportunity and after 87 minutes scored the teams third goal then 2 minutes later Alen got his second.
Full time 4-0.
This was another good performance by the 21s

1st team

This was a top of the table clash with the points being shared in a very even game.
Little was given by either team and chances were very rare and the main battles were in
The midfield.
Andy Taylor, Steve Goff and Steve Gillibrand worked hard all day and half chances fell to Shane Fuhr and Gareth Gorman only for the loins keeper to pull of good saves.
The best chance of the day went to Lee McEvoy in the last 5 minutes only to miss hit his effort shooting wide of the target.
Keeper Phil Jackson Had little to do due to the good play of the Ashfield defence.
Even at this early stage of the season it looks like these two teams may be fighting for the league title.
Ashfield coach Tom Kilkelly said If this was a boxing match he feels that Ashfield would have won on points.
Full time 0-0

Best for Ashfield
18s Edin Mehic, David Buckley and Sam Danesh
21s Alen Havic, Damien Krebs and Iavor Georgeff
1st team Andy Taylor, Steven Gillibrand and Steve Goff




The game started with Ashfield being held in there own half and the pressure that Dianella were putting on the Ashfield defence resulted in a goal after 3 minutes 1-0.
Ashfield then got into the game and started looking dangerous down the left and right wings. After 15 minutes Ian Dennis got onto a through ball to score 1-1.
Ashfield were well on top of this game and creating many chances but like last week they could not finish with goals
Half time 1-1.
The second half again was all Ashfield then they could not finish the dominant midfield play then In the 63rd minute Dianella against the run of play scored 2-1.
Ashfield continued to push for the equalizer and in the 79th minute were awarded a penalty, Alex Crookes stepped up to take it but the keeper saved it.
Full time 2-1
In conclusion Ashfield lost the game they should have won if the chances could have been taken.


The first 15 minutes of the match was very even with few chances to either team.
In the 27th minute Craig Culverwell crossed the ball for Alen Havic to head towards goal only for a dianella defender to handball on the line this resulted in a penalty that Lee McEvoy converted for Ashfield 1-0.
This sparked the team and they attacked at every opportunity then after 42 minutes a through ball by Gyula Konscek resulted in a well taken goal by Alen.
Half time 2-0
In the second half Ashfield looked like a different side with goals coming from almost every attack.
Alen scored again after 50 and 53 minutes to get his hatrick.
At the 56 minute mark Matt Pochroj got his first.
62 minutes into the game dianella put the ball into there own net.
After 75 minutes Alen scored his forth to make it 7-0.
It was no all one way traffic and after 80 minutes Gyula scored then 3 minutes later substitute Kyle Greenaway scored.
Just on the stroke of full time Colin Mckeon got Ashfields 10th.
Full time 10-0.
This was another good performance from this hard working under 21s side.

1st team

This was always going to be a very physical game and it didnt disappoint.
Good word by the Ashfield midfield resulted in two half chances to only be denied by the keeper.
After 6 minutes DJ Mayers latched onto a loose ball at the back to put Ashfield one up.
The Ashfield midfield were well on top but the dianella forwards looked dangerous on the quick breaks.
After 26 minutes Steve Gillibrand (Gilli) pushed the ball passed to defenders to score a good goal.
Half time 2-0.
The second half started with some strange decisions from the match officials then in the 50th minute Gilli send in a volley from the 18 yard box the score a spectacular goal 3-0.
Dianella came back strongly from the kick of to score 3-1.
Dianella were now pushing for another goal and the Ashfield defence were on the back foot for long periods then after 70 minutes dianella got a second 3-2.
This second goal to dianella woke the Ashfield team up and again they were well on top and in the 85th minute Shane Fuhr scored a great individual goal that gave the keeper no chance.
Full time 4-2.
This was another good teamdesplay and the signs for the season a looking very positive.

Best for Ashfield
18s Wayne Culverwell, Edin Mrhic, Ian Dennis and Alex Crookes.
21s Alen Havic, Matt Cecins, and Gyula Konscek.
1st team Steven Gillibrand, Karl Atley, DJ Mayers and Shane Fuhr.



Todays game started with attacking down the right and they were unlucky not to go one up in the first minute.
Ashfield dominated the early play and after 11 minutes Eden played a ball through the middle of the Balcatta defence for Brett to score the first goal of the day.
The rest of the half was dominated by Ashfield but the chances created were not converted by the forwards.
Half time 1-0
The early part of the second half was all Ashfield but again chances were not taken. The last 15 minutes Balcatta pushed hard for the equalizing goal and after 70 minutes they were awarded a penalty 1-1
For the last 10 minutes Ashfield tried to get the winner but it never came.
Full time 1-1


The first 3 minutes of this game started with good play from Balcatta with Ashfield chasing after the ball, a mix up in the penalty area resulted in a goal for Balcatta.
This goal seem to switch on the Ashfield players and after 7 minutes Matt Pochroj leveled the score, Ashfield continued to attach and after 12 minutes were awarded a penalty Damien Krebs smashed it into the back of the net 2-1.
Ashfield continued to dominate play and at the 21st minute they were awarded another penalty this time Lee McEvoy dispatched it to the back of the net.
Half time 3-1
5 minutes into the second half Brett Colembera received the ball on the edge of the area and his shot gave the keeper no chance. 4-1
At the 53rd minute mark, Matt Pochroj scored his second for the day 5-1.
After 61 minutes Ashfield forced a corner and Damien krebs rose above the Balcatta defence to score with a good header 6-1.
Eden Mehic replaced Matt Pochroj up front and at the 84th minute mark scored Ashfields 7th goal 7-1.
After 90 minutes Balcatta were awarded a penalty and Matt Cecins dived to his right to save his second penalty in two games.
Full time 7-1.

1st team

The first team started very brightly and after 55 seconds Shane Fuhr scored 1-0.
Only 1 minute later Shane again finished of some good work to make it 2-0.
The Ashfield midfield were moving the ball around well creating many chances for the forwards.
Balcatta then had a player sent off for a tackle from behind and Ashfield lost DJ Mayers to injury.
In the 39th minute Shane completed his hatrick with a well taken goal.
Half time 3-0.
Ashfield had total control of the game and coach Tom Kilkelly insisted his players did not go to sleep in the second half and to carry on working for each other.
After 52 minutes Matt Pochroj who had come on for the injured DJ ran on to a through ball and slotted it past the keeper 4-0.
Ashfield had created many chances and should have been 8-0 at this point.
In the 70th minute Gary Spinks scored to make it 5-0.
After 84 minute Balcatta were awarded a free kick just outside the Ashfield box the Balcatta player took the kick and cleverly curled it around the wall scoring to the left hand side of the Ashfield goal.
Full time 5-1

Best for Ashfield
18s Wayne Culverwell, Ian Cameron, and Alex Crookes
21s Alen Havic, Damien Krebs and Brett Colembera
1st team Shane Fuhr, Andy Taylor and Steven Gillibrand

Preperations for the first game of the season are being completed today,the goals are up and the pitch is being marked out for saturdays game against Balcatta.

Boral cup
Yesterdays games against Cockburn did not go as planed but all three teams showed that with some hard training over the next few weeks we will improve.
The 18s went down 4-1 but the score flattered Cockburn, Ashfield gave the goals away with silly mistakes to a more experienced side.
Sam Danesh scored Ashfields goal just after the re-start in the second half with some good combination football from the kick off.
In the 21s game it was very even with end-to-end football and good finishing by both teams.
Matt Cecins saved a well hit penalty in the second half when the score was 3-3 only to be beaten near the end and to go down 4-3.
Both teams had players sent off Cockburn finished with nine players and Ashfield had Gyula Konscek sent off.
Again it was the mistakes like in the 18s that cost us the game.
Alen Havic got two goals and Matt Pochroj one.
The 1st team game was very close with both midfields working hard to get on top,after thirty minutes Cockburn scored then five minutes latey they scored again.
The second half was much the same as the first with both sides trying to get on top and not converting the chances they got.
Final score 2-0

Best players for the sides were.
18s Nermin srndic,Sam Danesh,Wayne Culverwell and Alex Crookes
21s Brett Colombera,Alen Havic,and Matt Pochroj
1st DJ Mayers,Andy Taylor and Gareth Gorman